Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Simple and Delicious Malai Korma Recipe

Few days ago as I was telling my friend how much I enjoy malai kofta, she asked me whether I had tried Malai korma.  Umm, ok so I hadn’t and now I was very keen to try it. So I ordered one from a nearest restaurant and I simply loved it. I loved its creamy texture, rich taste and all the spices. I normally don’t eat much but I literally finished the entire dish. And being me, I had to learn to make this dish at home. So guys, here is the recipe that I use to make this dish and believe me it turned out delicious!!!



Difficulty Level - Easy

Ingredients

  • 2 cups Malai (thick top cream of milk)
  • 2 Onions (finely cut into pieces)
  • 1 Tomato (finely cut into pieces)
  • 10 flakes Garlic
  • 1" piece Ginger (peeled)
  • 5 green Chilies
  • 1 tbsp Coriander leaves (finely cut into pieces)
  • 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
  • 10-12 Cashew nuts (broken into pieces)
  • 3 tsp Ghee
  • Salt to taste
Grocery shop online for the ingredients

Method

  • Make ginger and garlic paste.
  • chop cashew nuts into small pieces
  • Heat ghee in a pan, fry cashew nuts, take it out and keep aside.
  • Add onions to the same hot ghee and fry it for 2 minutes.
  • Now add the paste of ginger and garlic, green chilies, turmeric powder and salt.
  • Add tomatoes and fry till oil separates from gravy.
  • Now add cream, stir and cook on low flame for two minutes.
  • Garnish the dish with coriander leaves and chopped cashew nuts
  • Serve Malai korma with jeera rice or chapatis

No comments:

Post a Comment