Thursday, June 23, 2016

Tasty Lauki and Tomato Soup

Yesterday I was wondering what type of soup should I make. I was bored of making and having the same packet soups. So I thought why not make my own soup. It would be healthy, nutritious and my body with thank me..:) I went through all my cook books and landed on Lauki and Tomato soup recipe. First I thought who has lauki for a soup. I mean Lauki as a cooked vegetable is fine but in a soup? Hmmm. Anyways I reluctantly did give it a try and you know what, this was one of the best soups that I ever had. Yup, lauki and tomato soup a recipe by Nita Mehta is one of the tastiest soups ever. And it is extremely easy to make. So guys, here is the recipe for you.



Serves: 4
Difficult Level: Easy

Ingredients


  • 1/2 Kg Tomatoes - Roughly Chopped
  • 1 small lauki (bottle gourd) - Peeled and chopped
  • 1/2 inch piece of ginger
  • 6-8 whole black pepper
  • 1 onion - chopped
  • 1 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper crushed
  • pinch of sugar
  • coriander to garnish

Grocery shop Online for Ingredients

Method


  • In a pressure cooker, boil the tomatoes, lauki, ginger, whole black pepper and onion with 4 cups of water. Give it 1 whistle. keep on low lame for 4-5 mins and then remove it from fire.
  • Cool and puree the mixture in a blender. Strain the puree.
  • Take a pan and add the soup. Bring it to a boil. Add salt, sugar and crushed black pepper.
  • Add coriander. Simmer for few minutes and serve hot. 

1 comment: