Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Dum Pukht Biryani Recipe

When I came down to the city of Nawabs, the first thing I wanted to try was Hyderabadi Biryani....the famous Hyderabadi Biryani from Paradise!!! But then a friend of mine asked if I had ever tried Dum Pukht. She said, if I enjoy chicken Biryani, then I am going to fall in love with Dum Pukht. Initially, I was confused and did not know what kind of dish is it. But, when she made me try it, I just could not have enough of it . It has become one of my favorite dishes of all time. Mmmm, just thinking of it now and my mouth is watering!! Well, now once a week at least I make this dish at home. So, here is the Shireen Anwar recipe for you guys which I use to cook the dish.




Prep Time - 10-15 mins
Cooking Time - 60 mins
Serves - 4

Ingredients:

Chicken boneless cubes ½ kg
Rice 1 kg (boiled)
Tomatoes 4 (blended)
Oil ¼ cup
onion ½ cup
Poppy seeds 1 tbsp (ground)
Coconut 1 tbsp (ground)
Mace ¼ tsp (ground)
Nutmeg ¼ tsp (ground)
Saffron ¼ tsp (soaked in ¼ cup milk)
Ginger garlic paste 2 tbsp
Cashew nut 2 tbsp (ground)
Salt to taste

For Marinating:
Yogurt 1 cup
Green chilies 4 (chopped)
Salt to taste
All spice 1 tsp
Turmeric ¼ tsp
Coriander leaves 2 tbsp (chopped)
Chili powder 1 ½ tsp

How to Prepare:

1. Cut chicken into 2 inch cubes.


2. Marinate chicken with yogurt, chopped green chilies, coriander leaves, salt, chili powder, all spice and turmeric.


3. Heat oil, add ginger garlic paste with ground cashew nut, poppy seeds and coconut, stir well.


4. Add blended tomatoes, also fry well.


5. Add marinated chicken, cover and cook till chicken is done.


6. Arrange half the boiled rice in a pan.


7. Top with chicken mixture sprinkle with mace and nutmeg.


8. Cover with remaining rice topped with saffron and milk mixture.


9. Also spread brown onion on top cover pan.


10. Cook over low heat for 30 minutes till done.


11. Serve with Salan or kachumbari salad






1 comment:

  1. Loved your recipe...Can you write more quick and easy vegetarian dinner recipes?

    ReplyDelete